The Outstanding Employee of the Month (OEOM) Program aims to recognize employees who have exceptionally served TBG by exemplifying outstanding service through their work and exhibiting a positive and supportive attitude. The program was developed to encourage recognition of employees who have significantly benefited the organization and made contributions beyond the usual expectations of their employment.
The OEOM will receive the following:
1) award pin for the month,
2) $30 boost to Synergy Care Card,
3) a gift card from the Employee Treasure Chest, and
4) have their picture posted in the Outstanding Employee of the Month Plaque located in the main lobby.
Each OEOM will automatically be a candidate for the Outstanding Employee of the Year (OEOY) Award, announced at the annual Employees’ Recognition Dinner in December. The Outstanding Employee of the Year will be presented with the following:
1) an award pin,
2) an award certificate,
3) a $100 boost to their Synergy Care Card,
4) a check for $100.00.
Eligibility and Rules:
To be eligible for the OEOM award, an employee must have held a full-time or part-time, permanent position for a minimum of 120 days. A stakeholder must nominate the employee. Our stakeholders are our students, guests, and current employees.
There is no maximum number of nominations that an employee may receive in a month. Each nomination will count as one additional vote. Each nomination committee member will have one vote. The employee with the most votes will be named OEOM. In case of a tie, the committee will have a run-off vote to determine the winner. Employees who have retired or resigned from TBG since being nominated are not eligible to receive the award. Any reviews submitted online will be transferred to a Yellow Nomination Card for the employee and placed in the ballot box.
Any stakeholder can nominate an employee simply by filling out and submitting a Yellow Nomination Card found at the front desk and each ballot box. Nominators should keep in mind the nominating criteria and write the nomination accordingly. When asked why the nominee is deserving of the award, elaborate on your response; give specific examples; using your descriptions, draw a picture for the nominating committee of the perfect TBG employee. Attempt to reveal in words how the nominee met each of the criteria.
Nominations begin on the first day of each month and continue until the last day of the month. The OEOM announced around the middle of the following month. Each nomination will be considered according to the previously stated criteria. Once this is determined, we will verify with the candidate’s supervisor that the employee is not under any disciplinary action that would cause them to be ineligible for the award.
Those employees nominated but were not chosen will receive notification from the committee that they were nominated along with their nomination cards.
The OEOM/OEOY Committee shall be comprised of the following individuals or a person they designate in their absence:
- Director of Human Resource Services
- Lead Guest Service Concierge
Nominating Criteria for OEOM/OEOY:
We ask that stakeholders use the following criteria when nominating employees:
Attitude and Commitment
- Dedicated to fulfilling job responsibilities
- Demonstrates good customer service skills
- Consistently dependable and is punctual in reporting to work
- Serves as a role model to others
- Goes above and beyond the requirements of the job
- Displays a helpful, cooperative, and positive attitude towards superiors and co-workers
- Consistently friendly and available to others
- Uses effective listening skills
- Has a team player attitude
- Voluntarily assists co-workers to complete important department/division projects
- Knowledgeable of TBG policy and procedure
- High overall quality of performance
- Accurately completes work assignments on time
- Controls high-stress situations tactfully and calmly
- Takes initiative
- Requires little supervision
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Ability to train others and gladly willing to do so
- Maintains an appropriate and neat personal appearance and dress
- Professional demeanor
- Conscientious, honest, hard-working
- Integrity, on and off the job